Edain Butterfield was born in St. Louis, Missouri and grew up in southern Illinois. She graduated with a B.A. in Political Science and a B.A. in Music from the University of Colorado, Boulder in 2006. Edain obtained her Juris Doctorate in 2009 from Brooklyn Law School in Brooklyn, New York.
After law school, Edain lived and worked in New York City as an immigration attorney for 8 years. She represented clients from Central and South America, the Carribbean, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and East and South Asia. Edain has represented clients before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Department of State, and the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
Edain moved to Denver in May of 2019 and joined Hernandez & Associates, P.C. in July of 2019. She now focuses on removal defense and providing quality and compassionate legal services to clients being held in immigration custody.
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2009
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2006
- Major: Political Science and Music
- Haitian Family Resource Center, Brooklyn, NY - Volunteer Attorney, 2012 to 2012
- Law Office of Elsie C. Vasquez, NY, NY, Associate Attorney, 2013 to 2018
- Gehi & Associates, Attorneys at Law, Queens, NY, Associate Attorney, 2012 to 2013
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Sigma Pi
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 2019 to 2019
- Immigration Law 100%
- New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2012